Friday, February 6, 2009

I've been a busy little girl this week!

Pink Friday~ February 6
Be my Valentine
Won't you please join us at Make Mine Pink for a Valentine treat? I'm very excited to show off my newest creations, all available at
Rose Petals & Blooms!

I'm in love with vintage candy boxes! I discovered this sweet box, that long ago, was filled with chocolate confections... I added vintage cabbage Rose Barkcloth, 2 millinery floral sprays dating from 1940. Also, a creamy white rose, the edges of the box are decorated with vintage venice lace... I think it's definitely a treat for the eyes! lol...

Sweet Clare

I was inspired to create this adorable vanity lamp from the old cottage dressers of the past....
As I hand crafted her from clay and wood, she began to take on her own sweet personality, and I named her Clare...
She is adorned with vintage drawer pulls, and turned legs. The framed cabbage roses, french perfume bottle and sweet dresser tray are created from clay! I love the top drawer, leaving it opened a bit with a piece of vintage lace gives this little gem oodles of character~
The shade was discovered in a little antique shop, just in her wire form.. I covered the shade in the softest pale pink chiffon with white chiffon inside. She is topped with fabric roses from the same chiffon and sweet ruffles dance along her edge..
.

I'm finishing another vintage candy box today, and will also be adding gorgeous 3D german Valentine cards dating from 1900 in other creations throughout the weekend~

7 comments:

A day at the Cappuccino Café said...

OMG Michelle, there is my lamp!! What an amazing job you did on this one. I may have to hit Ronnie over the head & take his wallet just to buy that lamp!!

Love ya poodle...your biggest fan,
SuzieQ

Rebecca said...

This is VERY VERY VERY CHARMING! Sweet idea...love love love love your BLOG! :) Blessings...Rebecca

Cottage Flair said...

Michelle,
Your creations are always so beautiufl. I love the candy box. I have to tell you, at holiday time I was so in love with your winter wonderland line ... all just gorgeous!
Jennifer
www.cottageflair.com

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Your candy box is so pretty!! Love your blog.

texasdaisey said...

Wow, you have been busy over here. What beautiful posts. I just wanted to let you know that I remarked about one of your sweet comments you left me on my blog & linked to your blog within the post. Hope you get lots of visitors. Blessings
Debbie

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

LOL I have recently found several old candy boxes my little mother saved. they are not nearly as beautiful as yours tho...

LOVE the lamp!

(())
http://www.TheScentedCottage.com

Melissa Jones said...

I LOVE your blog!!! Absolutely beautiful!! I tagged you... Check out my blog :)